LanguagesGerman, English, French
Competences & fields of activity
Law of tax offenses, Law of commercial offenses, Commercial property rights/Copyright law, Press and media law, Competition law, Compliance
Dr. Stegemann has been practising as an attorney in the field of white-collar crime law and compliance consulting for over 25 years.
He not only has a profound knowledge of substantive tax and commercial criminal law, but also many years of experience in dealing with the investigating authorities.
Dr. Stegemann pre-emptively represents and advises our clients with the aim of averting investigative proceedings from the outset, for example by internal compliance regulations or a self-report under tax criminal law. In the event of a preliminary investigation, he accompanies the client from the outset and attempts to conclude the proceedings without bringing an arraignment and the associated public trial. If an indictment is unavoidable, he will of course also represent our clients in the main hearing and in appeal proceedings.
“Frequently recommended: Dr. Norbert Stegemann (Wirtschafts- und Steuerstrafrecht)” Juve Handbuch der Wirtschaftskanzleien 2015/16
- 1978 - 1980 Traineeship as a bank clerk
- 1980 - 1985 Studies of law at the Universities of Münster, Heidelberg and Mainz
- 1985-1986 Assistant lecturer at the Chair of International Law with Prof. Müller at the University of Mainz
- 1985-1987 Traineeship in Zweibrücken
- 1988 Admission to the bar
- 1992 Rechtsanwalt at MELCHERS
- 1995 Doctorate as Dr. iur. with Prof. Müller at the University of Mainz
- 1996 Partner at MELCHERS
- Der Anknüpfungsgesichtspunkt der Most Significant Relationship nach dem Restatement of the Laws; Second; Conflict of the Law 2nd im Deutschen Internationalen Deliktrecht und Vertragsrecht, Heidelberg 1995
- Deutsche Vereinigung für Gewerblichen Rechtsschutz und Urheberrecht (GRUR)