Competences & fields of activity
Intellectual property law, IT contract law, (international) distribution law
Dr Petrack specialises in intellectual property law and IT contract law. In addition, he regularly advises on questions of (international) distribution law.
In the field of intellectual property law, he regularly advises clients on trademark and design registration and infringement matters. In patent infringement matters, he is active both out of court (strategically), e.g. within the scope of FTO analyses and know-how agreements, and in interlocutory legal protection and litigation proceedings. He has been involved in patent infringement proceedings in the fields of life sciences, chip cards, electronics and mechanics.
In IT contract law, Dr. Petrack advises mainly on IT projects and software licensing agreements. He regularly drafts and negotiates contracts for ERP projects and cloud-based IT services. He also advises on licensing issues and the protection of trade secrets.
Dr Petrack is also active in distribution law related matters. Among other things, he participated in the drafting of general insurance conditions for a well-known insurance product and drafted (license) contracts for the distribution of online gambling.
- 2001 - 2007 Legal studies at the Ruhr University of Bochum
- 2007 - 2010 Legal clerkship in the OLG district Düsseldorf (LG Wuppertal)
- 2010 - 2011 Further Master's Programme "Intellectual Property Law" at the Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf
- 2010 - 2013 Research assistant and PhD student at the Chair of Public Law, Administrative Law, European Law, Agricultural Law and Environmental Law of Prof. Dr. Ines Härtel at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- 2010 - 2013 Lecturer for Administrative Law at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- 2014 - 2017 Associate with MELCHERS
- 2016 PhD at the European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) ( Doctoral Thesis awarded with the 1st PhD Award 2016 of the German Society for Agricultural Law - Association for Agricultural and Environmental Law e.V.)
- 2017 - 2019 Associate with Simmons & Simmons LLP (Düsseldorf)
- 2019 Associate with MELCHERS