Competences & fields of activity
Commercial criminal law, tax criminal law, food criminal law, medical criminal law, competition law, compliance
Ms. Hanja Rebell-Houben specializes in the area of commercial and fiscal criminal law. Thanks to her commercial training, she brings not only legal expertise but also practical know-how from the business world to her work.
Due to her activity as a lecturer at the University of Mannheim and her many years of experience at the chair of Prof. Dr. Dannecker in Heidelberg, she is not only well networked with colleagues in her field, but also maintains an exchange with academic colleagues.
Ms. Rebell-Houben accompanies you and your company through all phases of criminal proceedings. From the first search to the main hearing, she is your competent contact person. In doing so, she is always concerned with an early termination.
- 2005 - 2007 Apprenticeship as wholesale and foreign trade clerk
- 2007 - 2009 Purchasing manager in the technical purchasing department of a food wholesaler
- 2007 - 2009 Studies at the FOM in Neuss, Bachelor of Business Law
- 2009 - 2013 Study of law at the University of Heidelberg
- 2009 - 2013 Student assistant to Prof. Dr. Gerhard Dannecker at the chair of criminal law and criminal procedure law with special focus on European and international relations
- 2013 - 2016 Correction assistant at the University of Mannheim
- 2013 - 2015 Research assistant to Prof. Dr. Gerhard Dannecker at the Chair of Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure Law with special emphasis on European and international relations
- 2013 - 2015 Legal traineeship in Heilbronn
- 2016 Admission to the bar
- 2018 Lecturer at the University of Mannheim
- 2019 Partner at Compart & Schmidt
- 2020 Certified specialist in criminal law
- Flüchtlingskonten auf dem rechtlichen Prüfstand NZWiSt 2016, 220, gemeinsam mit Dr. Konrad Schmidt
- Festlegung des großen Ausmaßes auf 50.000 EUR, zugleich Urteilsanmerkung zu BGH, Urt. v. 23.11.2015 – 5 StR 352/15, NZWiSt 2016, 359
- Zu der Verfassungswidrigkeit der Übergangsvorschrift des Art. 316h EGStGB, zugleich Urteilsanmerkung zu LG Kaiserslautern v. 20.09.2017, 7 KLs 6052 Js 8343/16 (3), NZWiSt 2018, 149
- Wirtschaftsstrafrechtliche Vereinigung e.V. (WisteV)
- Deutsches Zentrum für Wirtschaftsstrafrecht (DZWiSt e.V.)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Strafrecht des Deutschen Anwaltvereins
- Mannheimer Anwaltsverein